TheFearlessOneTheFearlessOne

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

[KK] The Meaning of Spleening [KK] The Meaning of Spleening

/ Aphex Twin

All that needed to be said...

Overdrive [WIP] Overdrive [WIP]

I'll be consructive

The beat and the bass are fantastic.

The melody is catchy, but I definitally think you need different instruments. Something slightly distorted fatty synth sound (however, I can tell you wanna be different, so I wanna see if I can help at all) To help, I'd need to know what program your using.

So yeah...uhh, contact me back! Sorry I couldn't actually be as construcive as I'd lik to have been. xD

Ikari025 responds:

Thanks! It's about damn time someone reviewed! What do you mean by a fatty synth sound?

Hold On 2 Me (R.E.D) Demo Hold On 2 Me (R.E.D) Demo

I'll be constructive

I think it's a great vocal trance, I won't lie. Probably something I could never do, simply because I'm more of a melodic trance dude, but I'll throw my suggestions to you anyways.

The vocals are the only thing I think you really need work on. I feel like they could use some effects to match the rest of the energy with the song. Try EQing them a bit, raise the Freqencies between 8k-14k to give it more of a whispy / crisp sound. I'd add a mix of a low influence reverb and medium influence delay line is a bit of feedback.

As for the actual composition, I think you should make the lead synth a bit less "static" to match more the feel of the song. Other than that, great mastering, and the compression is a little light, if you wanted that feel, and I can't tell if it's clipping or not, but watch for that, naturally.

Also, if you could do me a favor and look up the two songs I have up and give me some advice / critism, I'd appcreciate it.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Still better than most of newgrounds. If I say much more, it'd just be an eyesore. Please get back to me when at all possible!

Z-Tone responds:

dude thanks alot for the awesome review and yeah i will check on those things
also ill be glad to check out your songs

She Has Potential She Has Potential

I disagree with the guy below me.

You can't go wrong with a nice warm bass rift in the beginning. =)

I like it, very relaxing, got some hopeful and sad emotinos it it, as far as I can tell.

I wouldn't change it a bit. Perfect intro / outro, decently well mastered, and has a nice but not overwhelming sense of emotion.

5 / 10 -- easily.

MaryLovesJane responds:

Thanks TheFearlessOne! Yeah, I made this for a girl who can sing hopeful, yet sad lyrics. It was totally what I was going for :D

Releasing (P) Releasing (P)

I would call it...

"hard trance that didn't quite want to go there--techno"

What does that mean? Dunno. But I LOVE the sound. It's clean, crisp, not too harsh, ever energetic but at the same time, something you could sleep with.

That is my favorite kind of sound. Thank you for steering me your way. =)

5 / 10 -- of course.

photosyntesen responds:

thanks :D

Jigsaw gets a puppy Jigsaw gets a puppy

I have no idea how you did this...

...but damn that's TOO funny. Very well done!!!

Volume's a little low, but it's more than worth turning up ^.^

Bezo responds:

Yes, unfortunately anything I record on my laptop tends to suffer quality issues.

Airprogressive - That Sequence Airprogressive - That Sequence

Pretty good start

Now, first off, excuse me for be bias as needed. I like the track, and it works for it's slow tempo.

As the person stated below, some delay and reverb would be nice. But I can tell you've got a delay on the lead already, (if you don't correct me xD) so put some feedback on it as long as the steps are in time. Combining reverb and delay isn't a bad combo. I like the percussion, but I noticed that the only real bass is the kick. If I were you, I'd add a bass line, something that progresses with the lead, harmonically, such as a fifth or seventh below. Natrually bass lines are lower octives so I won't expand on that any further.

I love the mastering and the overall feel of things. 5 and 9, respectively. I can't wait for future projects =)

Oh, and welcome to the NG portal.

Airprogressive responds:

Thanks 4 your review, advices and ratings!!

I'll try to do what you've said. I'm working now in some new projects, and I'll upload to the NG portal, soon something nice. I did some mashups with other NG artists tracks, but now I'll stop that line of work for a while. I'm focused in producing more own songs. I hope you also check them up!

Gauntlet song B Gauntlet song B

Another Epic Entry.

Brings back so many memories of one of the most epic games ever. I remember getting all the gold and running super slow with my giant axe... such a pleasure it was...

Keep it up. Don't ever stop. 5/10 again, also well deserved. =)

BlueFlameDude responds:

i will look in to doing the other songs from this game k!

*- Orchestral Demo -* *- Orchestral Demo -*

Wow.

That. Is. Impressive. I'm a trance musician but damn dude... this sound like the real deal here. I love the suspense and pain/beauty in it... (at least that's what I see)

I hate writer's block too! But you know what I hate more than writer's block? WHEN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A GOOD IDEA AND HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK!!! Oh man. Contact me whenever you move on with this... Also, contact me about weither or not I could make a remix of this... If not, it's totally fine, jsut don't be afraid to say no. =D

5/10 hands down.

gauntlet Song A gauntlet Song A

HAHA DUDE!!!

SICK. 5/10

GREAT JOB, SOUNDS ALMOST JUST LIKE THE VERY FIRST GAUNLENT GAME FOR THE NES!!! BRINGS BACK SO MANY MEMORIES!!! CONGRATS TO YOU, THIS PEICE = EPIC.

=DDD

BlueFlameDude responds:

haha thanks for the awsome review i am submiting song B tomorrow